Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chapter Fifteen

To the few dear people who follow my writing here....


I completed Chapter 15 a few weeks ago. That was a moment of rejoicing for me, let me tell you! I think it has like 18 or so pages. When you get near the end of the chapter and you know you're almost done writing, you get this exhilarating feeling that makes you want to finish it so fast just right away so you start almost slacking off and ending too soon. But I always try to be careful to not do that. 


Can you imagine? I've only got two more complete chapters to write! This is beyond exciting! This is a dream come true! This is something that's been prophesied over me several times and God's given me many words of encouragement about. So it is by the grace of God that I will complete this book, as I have had some tough times with it through the summer. Now I'm back in the swing of writing, although the times are kind of scattered and far between when I actually sit down for a few hours and write. But at least, when I write now, I don't sit there for an hour not feeling the flow to actually write. For that I am so happy!


Finishing the third last chapter of the book is not my only accomplishment toward publishing my book -- I have chosen a girl that also goes to school here to be the model for my book cover. She's a lovely island girl from Tahiti who looks very much like I envision my main character Sakierra to look. So I am very excited about that! It'll be so much fun doing the photo shoot and designing the cover. I am very excited also about how the end result of the book cover will look. Something you will have to wait to find out! :D


You might wonder why I spend so little time actually writing on my book. The truth is, if I fully focused my attention on writing I could have been finished with my book in September. But I have other important things too, that are of a similar priority. So I juggle priorities and make a little bit room for all of them. The biggest priority of course is school. Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry is doing amazing stuff in me and it's one of the best things that could happen to my life. Some other things include creating my line of jewellery for the Adoria Fashion Show, homegroups in the evenings, and staying connected with friends far away. I am also starting an online business that'll involve selling my jewellery. I'm in the planning process of that still, but it might be something about creativity or the prophetic in the arts.


All right... that gives you an idea of where I'm at right now. Once again, I really deeply appreciate your thoughts and prayers and comments on this blog. Writers are often said to be the loneliest people on earth. I don't think that needs to be true! Wouldn't you agree?  :D 


Blessings to you.


~Crystal~

No comments:

Post a Comment